Thread: ZoneAlarm Pro Personal Firewall vs. Norton Antivirus&Internet Security

aydinnc Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Pro Personal Firewall vs. Norton Antivirus&Internet Security

I have Norton Anti Virus&Norton Internet Security already installed on my PC and now i am interested in buying
    ZoneAlarm Pro Personal Firewall. I would be appreciated if you can inform me about whether there will be any corruption&disfunction between those softwares?? Are they going to work friendly or not?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro Personal Firewall vs. Norton Antivirus&Internet Security

Hi Aydinnc! It is impossible to install the Zone Alarm Suite at the time when you have the Norton Security Suite installed and in use. It is not possible to use two antivirus and two firewalls an the same pc at the same time This will fry your Windows in no time even if you could manage such a feat! Please uninstall the Nortons Antivirus and the Nortons firewall BEFORE installing the Zone Alarm Suite. To ensure a complete removal of any trace of the Norton product on the PC, please use the Symantec Norton Removal Tool. It will remove any trace of files, folders, and registry entries that are usually completely overlooked by the Add and Remove or the Norton Uninstaller. Oldosd

Message Edited by Oldsod on 04-10-200605:14 AM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

uncleresry Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Pro Personal Firewall vs. Norton Antivirus&Internet Security

The old sod having said that Uncle resry says I have Norton System Works antivirus working just fine on my pc right beside my cherished zone alarm pro firewall. No conflict at all as far as I can tell and I have had these 2 running side by side for a couple of years. I dont have a norton firewall and i dont have a zonelabs anti virus. I love both these programs in the present configuration. each has aspects I value and use.

Thread Information