Hello all.I am using an internal Intel 2200BG Pro
wireless card and a Siemens Speedstream 6520 modem/router, Windows XP Home
and Free Zone Alarm version 6.1.744.001.Using the
"Wireless network connection status" window for monitoring, I noticed that the message "Aquiring network address" appears with the corresponding "Page not found" error in Explorer when browsing. This occurs every 3 to 5 minutes.The "Page not found" error even occurs whilst interrogating the Modem (the modem uses an HTML interface).If I disable ZA and use the Windows firewall, the problem disappears.I have browsed the posts that have similar problems with networking and have included all the ISP/DNS addresses into Zone Alarms trusted zone and my TCP/IP settings , ran
" ipconfig /all "and "netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt" etc however I most probably have missed something.
Thanks for readingRossco
Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)