Thread: Early Product release, no help availble through the limited resources offered by Zone Lab

loconnor Guest

Default Early Product release, no help availble through the limited resources offered by Zone Lab

<a target="_blank">After loading an update of zone alarm and a new registry mechanic I got an error message in MS excel and Word &quot;unable to read file.&quot;
    No MS office files will load.

</a> I have already contacted MS Office and Compaq.
    They want to charge me for support to correct the problems that one of the two Zone Lab products has caused. Zone Labs does not appear to take responsibility for correcting the problems that its down loads cause either before they are released of after that their their adequate testing has caused.
    Zone Labs knows that MS Office suite is a registry run software. Zone Labs committed to a registry correction revenue generator when it developed the Registry Mechanic. The current help offering are poor at best and seem to discourage meaningfully support.
    Zone Lab has an obligation to correct the problem that the early release of its product caused.
    Will Zone Labs honor that obligation?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

uncleresry Guest

Default Re: Early Product release, no help availble through the limited resources offered by Zone Lab

I have zone labs and recently registry mechanic. I also have the MS office suite and have not had the probelms you describe. I suspect registry mechanic has inadvertantly fouled the works but it may be redeemable. Registry mechanic makes a restore point before it changes things in your registry. You should be able to review every change that was made and undo any thing. Hit the restore button and it will display a list of items. Go back to the list before you lost use of office and excel and restore those items. ALternately you could use the win xp go back to restore the system to
    point prior to the loss of your applications.
    I find all the big software companies can be hard to get support from sometimes. I am sure they get swamped with requests to the point of overwhelm and for the few of us like yourself who sometimes fall through the cracks that is no solace. Thank heaven for forums like these where we can if we persist get things sorted out with the help of other users. Good luck to you.

Thread Information