Thread: Web page blanks

spadebrook Guest

Default Web page blanks

Recently, I have experienced blank areas of varying size in some web pages.In each case, a small rectangular box appears in the top left - hand corner of the blank area. In the box
    there are three symbols - a red square above a green disc above a blue triangle.
    Can anyone please explain what causes this &/or how I can correct the problem.
    With best regards

Operating System:Windows ME
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:4.x

billc Guest

Default Re: Web page blanks

If you shutdown Zone Alarm Free, and then 'refresh' the page, do you then see a picture or some image?

spadebrook Guest

No Bill, still just the rectangle with the symbols. (So I don't mislead you, I should perhaps emphasize that this happens with some pages on some web - sites, discs,etc.; not all. Usually the most important bits of course! )

Thanks for your interest.

Best regards as usual.

billc Guest

Do you know how to do a screen shot and post it so we could see exactly what you're talking about? Also, if you shutdown Zone Alarm and refreshed the page and you still could not see it, then Zone Alarm is not the culprit. How about other 'security' software you're running?

spadebrook Guest

Bill - thank you for your reply.

I'm afraid I don't know how to do a screen shot, but I can point you at an example:- on the home page at www.sony.co.uk I get blanks (with the rectangle,etc.) as follows; small area top right; large area centre top(above "Hot Stories"and at the top of "The Magazine" section on the right.

Apart from ZA, I have AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D,Spyware Blaster; also an adsl router. Where practical, I had already tried switching some off, so far without success. I also have the latest updates for IE.

I also can't remember "tweaking" anything or settings recently(but that doesn't mean I haven't!).

I am grateful for any light you can shed.

Best Regards

Thread Information