Thread: Zone Alarm Compatability with PC Tools Registry Mechanic 5.1

bilby Guest

Default Zone Alarm Compatability with PC Tools Registry Mechanic 5.1

Hi - Wondering if anyone has "any" suggestions for the below problem - also am a bit of a novice at this stuff but trying to learn.

I am using PC Tools Registry Mechanic 5.2 along with ZA ISS.

When I run a full scan in RM it usually picks up a problem -
    temporary CHK file usually named C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT?????.TMP from the Temp Files/Shortcut Section of the scan.

If I then fix this problem with RM and attempt to run another full scan I get the following error message from RM - Registry Mechanic is missing core application files: C\Program Files\Registry Mechanic\log\ignore.dat Please reinstall

This requires me to reistall RM. I have checked the RM log files and the ignore.dat file is still there so am assuming it has been altered in some way.

I have run a full scan with ZA shutdown and it didn t pick up this temp CHK file - fixed all identified problems and run a full scan again with no problems.

It looks like I have identified the problem however I now face the situation where I can t add C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT?????.TMP to the Ignore Key list as is appears Zone Alarm creates a new TMP file on each start up with a different name C:\ WINDOWS\Temp\ZLT?????.TMP.

It s a bit annoying to disable the Internet Security to run a registry scan and it s a bit dangerous using the automatically remove feature available in RM.

Would you have any advice as to how I can either get RM or Zone Alarm to ignore this TMP key?

Thanks for any advice

Bilby
    Australia

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: Zone Alarm Compatability with PC Tools Registry Mechanic 5.1

Hi Bilby! I used the RegMech and threw it out. Yes the ZA needs to use the Temp Folder as a place to work from, many software and OS as well. Just set the ignore in RM. I use CCleaner. WinASo defrag and Abexo Reg cleaner which are all free. Nut still I ignore many of the listed keys and just carry on. Same problem the RM always lost a folder and rewuired reinstall. Solved my problem by not reinstalling and just uninstall. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Default Re: Zone Alarm Compatability with PC Tools Registry Mechanic 5.1

Actually, the Registry Mechanic from PC Tools is in no way what so ever involved with Zone Alarm or Zone Labs. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information