Thread: ZASS antispyware

arneeboy Guest

Default ZASS antispyware

good day, is the antispyware of ZASS monitor in realtime? if so, should i disable other antispyware realtime guards? right now i have ZASS, ewido and ad watch(ad aware) active

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: ZASS antispyware

Good! Runs at least two antispy, the antitrojan, one antivirus and one firewall, all at the same time! Keep at least one or two on the side, for the on-demand scanning only! Good picks BTW! Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

arneeboy Guest

thanks Oldsod so does that mean i should keep ad watch and ZASS antispy active in real time together?
    oh btw which would you prefer, ZASS or zone alarm firewall paired with bit defender? still trying out diff combinations to see which works best, thanks

Sure! Use the Ad-watch and the ZA Antispy, at the same time. AdWatch is a very good guard! BitDefender is fussy: you can not have Ad-Aware, Spysweeper, Ewido. SpyBot S&D, CCleaner and a few others installed. It will ask you to uninstall these first, then install the BitDefender (they will want you to use their AntiSpy!). It is a good antivirus. Personally I stay away from security suites, even though they are simplier to use and update. For a new computer user, suites are easy to use and much simplier; experienced users like suites for the simplicity and no conflicting software. When you mix and match security applications the problems of conflicts arise. When you pick a security suite the problem are maybe the key components are the weak link or fail altogether, leaving you with something less not more. I go the "mix and match" way: desktop is ZA Antispy, Kaspersky Antivirus. SpySweeper with the Ewido, Ad-Aware. SpywareDoctor an demand: laptop is ZA Pro, AntiVir Premium, Ewido,Spysweeper with Ad-Aware, Asquared, SpywareDoctor on demand. Any key feature of home made "security suite" can be replaced or changed. The router is NAT/SPI and have an additional hardware firewall (Bridge or also called Invisible) between the Modem and the Router. My other choices for antivirus would be Nod32 or McAfee, since neither cause conflicts and are quite good. Take care Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

arneeboy Guest

thanks for the advice Oldsod, right now i'm scrutinizing ZAP, bit defender standard(antispy disabled) adwatch and ewido on in realtime then trend micro antispy and aluria for on demand scanning, will keep you posted for any conflicts

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=24415 http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/...=72&mnu=72 http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-features.htm

Message Edited by Oldsod on 04-20-200606:57 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Look at the last message I posted. Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information