Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up?

jlipscomb Guest

Default How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up?

Hello everyone. This is driving me freakin nuts. My ZoneAlarm Pro subscription expired a couple of weeks ago and ever since, I get the following annoying-as-helll pop-up every time I boot up:

"Important Service Expiration Notice...Your subscription has expired." blah blah blah

Yeah, I know it has expired and I have no intention of renewing it at the moment...I may later, but not now. I do however, have every intention to keep using my **paid for** version of ZoneAlarm Pro (just without the added "benefits" of the annual subscription fee).

So how then, does one shut this off? What is the Reg hack to do this, because it's obvious that Zone Labs went out of their way to NOT let you do this easily. Yes, I've tried: Overview > Preferences > "Check for product updates manually" but this has no effect on this lousy pop-up, which I deem quite abusive on the part of the folks from Z.L.

Version: Zone Alarm Pro 5.5.094.000

Thanks to anyone that can help me out here.

John

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:5.x

billc Guest

Default Re: How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up?

It will go away and you'll have your Zone Alarm Pro as expected. I think it might take a couple of weeks? Sorry, I don't know how to turn it off.

jlipscomb Guest

Thanks for the reply. Well, ahem. It's BEEN more than a couple of weeks now, and this annoying pop-up message from helll doesn't seem to want to go away. There HAS to be a reg hack for this. Ok Zone Labs, cough it up or you will definitely lose a **7-year** client, ya dig??

John

billc Guest

John. There probably is a way of deleting a key in your registry, but I don't know where it is. Zone Labs does not monitor these boards, so you might want to contact them directly at Zone Labs Technical Support If you find it, would you let me know?

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Hi,

May I add a suggestion to this thread, PLEASE.
    I just answered a question that someone else had in reference to this problem.
    PLEASE go to the following thread and "HOPEFULLY" it will solve your problem.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=48453

SlyFox
    :0
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

billc Guest

Thanks Sly. I followed your links and saw Muffin's post. I was not aware that entering a password would stop the reminder. Maybe the questioner will tell us the results?

Hi Guru BillCherry,

It would be really nice if we can get a answer back, if it worked or not.
    That's one of my pet peeves with a lot of these people, they want help badly, but when you ask them nicely to let us know their results, they just ignore our requests.
    If they would only post back, it could help other users solve their problems.
    I try my very best in being polite to people, I just can't understand people anymore.
    Bring back the old days!

I have a question for you, I've asked the Moderator about it, but he refuses to answer anything I asked lately, so I guess I am on his you know what list.
    Why, I really don't know.
    Anyway, my question is, on two separate posts this past week, I tried to answer the question and everytime I tried to "Submit Post", I get the following message.
    "Message subject cannot exceed 100
    characters".

But, my message wasn't even close to 100 characters and as usual my very polite answer, no off the wall remark, etc.
    What would cause this to happen?
    Any suggestions, PLEASE?
    Really Confused!

Great talking to you and have a "GREAT WEEKEND"!

SlyFox

LOL I got that stupid red lettered warnings since my first day! It has never stopped, just got one a few moments ago when attempting to help someone. Again. Could be the Opera? Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Hey YoungSod,

PLEASE go to the following thread and hopefully it will solve your problem, if not well I tried.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=inst&message.id=41453

SlyOldFox:0

billc Guest

Sly. I've gotten that warning before too. First, make sure you understand it is about the "message subject" and not the "body" of the message. And when you count 'characters', spaces count as a character too. For example, your "subject" here.. Re: How to kill this annoying ZoneAlarm "Service Message" at boot-up? has 69 characters. This 'warning' is programmed into the board and you should not take it as a personal comment. I was surprised to find how easy it is to get to 100 characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information