Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MSIMG32.dll file is linked to missing export GD132.dll:GdiGradientFill

jamesdrewe Guest

Default The MSIMG32.dll file is linked to missing export GD132.dll:GdiGradientFill

ZA stopped working, and the message: "The MSIMG32.dll file is linked to missing export GD132.dll:GdiGradientFill" appeared on boot-up.The icon on the bottom right of the screen disappeared.Sage accounts program stopped working at the same time.
    I have uninstalled, and reinstalled (about 3 times); same message comes up.I have tried 'Clean Install' and 'Upgrade'.
    'Upgrade' allows me to install, but with the error message when it's finished installing.
    'Clean Install' tells me that it can't turn off the 'TrueVector Monitor', and that I should find the 'Service Manager'.
    No idea what to do there, but I'm not sure this is the answer completely.
    When I have loaded the program using 'Upgrade', a couple of other messages appear:"C:PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\ZCLIENT. EXE"and then another box:"Could not execute C:PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\ZCLIENT.EXE".
    Any ideas would be much appreciated, but I'm not a computer wizard, so clear instructions would be very helpful, please.
    James.

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

billc Guest

Default Re: The MSIMG32.dll file is linked to missing export GD132.dll:GdiGradientFill

If you have Zone Alarm installed now, download and save a fresh copy of Zone Alarm to your computer. Now go through the 'clean' uninstall again as shown below. Next delete all your temp files and then try to install Zone Alarm again. You can download a fresh MSIMG32.dll file here but I'm not sure you need to. Try my suggestion first.

<fieldset>
    <legend>Clean Uninstall</legend>Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.</fieldset>

Message Edited by BillCherryAtl on 05-11-2006 02:20 PM

jamesdrewe Guest

Default Re: The MSIMG32.dll file is linked to missing export GD132.dll:GdiGradientFill

Many thanks, I'll give it a try.... James.

jamesdrewe Guest

Hi Bill,

I'm afraid that it didn't work.
    I did exactly as you suggested except for one difference, because I was unable to...

In your instructions you said to open ZA and turn off the load on boot option; I couldn't do this as ZA won't open.
    I just get a message C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\ZCLIENT.EXE (and then underneath A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I have now uninstalled ZA because the internet doesn't work when it's installed (and neither do emails, but perhaps that's obvious).

There's something else also.
    In spite of my uninstalling ZA, when I go to Start/Find and type in the word ZONE, a number of ZA files still seem to be there.

E.g.:
    in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM there's a file called ZoneLabs which when opened contains 6 files: 'cerbprovider.pvx' 'ssleay32.dll' 'vsavpro.dll' 'vsdb.dll' 'vsmon' &amp; vsruledb.dll'.

Also in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM there's something called Zonedoff and another called Zonedon, tho' these may have nothing to do with ZA.

Perhaps I should try installing ZA on to my D: drive?

When I try to do a 'Clean Install', I get the message:

&quot;Setup is unable to shut down the TrueVector service...&quot; (and a bit more on the same lines), it then continues &quot;Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service&quot;.

James.

billc Guest

At this point I think you should manually remove all the Zone Alarm files. Here are the steps for a manual uninstall from Zone Labs.

jamesdrewe Guest

Hi Bill,

No good; it just comes up with &quot;The MSIMG32.dll file is linked to missing export GD132.dll:GdiGradientFill&quot;, and then all the same stull about the ZClient etc. ... i.e., same as before.

James.

peter_k Guest

I had this problem on a PC running Win98SE. I cured it by extracting a clean original copy of msimg32.dll from the Win98 CD and saving it to C:\windows\system. ZoneAlarm now runs properly.

The command I used is:

extract /a &lt;drive&gt;:\win98\base4.cab\msimg32.dll /l c:\windows\system

jamesdrewe Guest

Thanks Peter, I'll give it a try.

jamesdrewe Guest

Hi Peter,

extract /a &lt;drive&gt;:\win98\base4.cab\msimg32.dll /l c:\windows\system

I've tried this but can't seem to find the msimg32.dll file on the 98SE disk; the message just comes up 'invalid switch: /i'.

I'mprobably not doing something correctly, but have no idea what it is. All I've done is pasted your command into the 'run' option from the start menu, and substituted the 'i' drive for the 'a' drive (which is obviously where my CD is). You've put a number of spaces between the 'a' and before the &lt;drive&gt;; I'm assuming that these are necessary, but have also tried with no spaces, and with both one and two spaces. I likes 1 or 2 spaces, but not none!

Is there some way that you know that I can get hold of this file? Is it possible to email it to me for example?

All the best,

James.

peter_k Guest

Hi James,

Are you definitely running Win98 ?? Other OS have different commands. e.g. for WinME the directory on CD is "Win9x", see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q129605/and WinXP is different too.

The version of msimg32.dll that you need almost certainly depends upon which OS you have.

If your CD is in your i drive, then the command should read

extract /ai:\win98\base4.cab\msimg32.dll /l c:\windows\system

That final switch is letter L. Yes, there need to be spaces. Copy and paste is best!

You should see it whizz through all the .cab folders on the CD until it finds msimg32.dll and then will save that to the destination.

The .cab folders are just compressed folders with all the OS files in them. You can also use something like WinZip to browse through their contents and extract the file you want.

Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information