Thread: Unfortunately Zone Labs has forgotten ...

jtm1051 Guest

Default Unfortunately Zone Labs has forgotten ...

... what made ZoneAlarm popular --
    a good and simple to use software firewall. And that
    there are
    users that
    only want/need a software firewall.
    Unless Zone Labs releases another software firewall like ZA Plus (preferably) or even like the original ZA Pro without all the non-firewall features/bloat, I'm staying with ZA Pro 5.5.094.000 until it's no longer safe to use, then will start looking for another software firewall.
    For me ZA Pro 6.x version is bloated with too many non-firewall features that's a duplication of features already provided the Antivirus, Anti-Spyware/Malware and Anti-Trojan security apps I prefer to use.
    Been using ZA since 2.0;
    using
    ZA Pro 5.5.094.000 with all the non-esential firewall features disabled behind a NAT/SPI router.

Default Re: Unfortunately Zone Labs has forgotten ...

I am with you JTM as I am still using version 5.5.094.00 also along with NOD32 and Spy Sweeper.
    Now I am not sure if I should use Ewido or Trojan Hunter as an anti-trojan.

jtm1051 Guest

NNard:
    " ...Now I am not sure if I should use Ewido or Trojan Hunter as an anti-trojan."

Everyone has their favorite, but I went with Ewido because of users posts at Wilders Security Forums and couple of reviews I was able to find like Anti-trojan Software Reviews.

At the last Broadband Reports Anti-Trojan Poll 2006 the popular Anti-Trojan apps were:

1. BoClean
    2. Trojan Hunter
    3. Ewido
    4. A-Squared

hirscr Guest

Is that really less bloat? You want to run 3-5 programs instead of just one? I'd rather debug just one and have one place to call when things get screwy.

Thread Information