Thread: ZA does not detect Mcafee VirusScan

jujuylalora Guest

Default ZA does not detect Mcafee VirusScan

The Anti-virus monitoring function in ZA does not detect "any antivirus running on my computer".
    I have the latest version of Mcafee VirusScan Online 10 running, and have made sure that it is running properly.
    ZA works fine otherwise. I've been running both ZA and VSO for many years now, and this is the first time
    ZA has had this problem. I recently started running XP SP2 on a new computer. The Mcafee techs are puzzled and
    referred me to this user forum.
    Is this something I should worry about, or should I just not fix it if it ain't broke?
    Thanks,
    jujuy

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: ZA does not detect Mcafee VirusScan

Your McAfee is okay. It is the ZA antivirus monitor that is broken. Do yourself a favor and turn off the antivirus monitor in the ZA, you do not need it anyways. You are not the only person with the exact problem! It will save you some pc resources to not have this monitor running. There is the Windows Security Center to monitor the antivirus status, there is the McAfee Security Center to monitor the antivirus status and of course there is the antivirus icon in the taskbar and at any time you can simply do a manual check. With these four ways to monitor the status of the antivirus, do you really need a fifth way? Many users call the ZA antivirus monitor "bloat"; it can recognize only four types of antivirus and often does a poor job of it. Take care, Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 05-24-200606:22 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.1
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information