Thread: Is there a way to get Zone Alarm Pro to load first at startup?

Hybrid View

pdumar Guest

Default Is there a way to get Zone Alarm Pro to load first at startup?

I have a lot of programs loading at startup and some try to access the internet but need to keep trying
    as they wait for zone alarm to load to connect and this slows the starting process and is compounded by other programs doing the same thing. Is there a way to get Zone Alarm to load first? I would like for Zone Alarm to load first and then my anti virus followed by the rest of the programs. I know what is loading that shows on the task bar but not what may be running in the back ground. Can I view all these and designate the order that I want them to start? I do not want to get into trouble moving start up prograns that to PC needs to run but would make changes with caution. I run windows XP home edition. Would it help if I increased my ram, I am rurring 384MB of Ram Celeron CPU 2.80GHz

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Is there a way to get Zone Alarm Pro to load first at startup?

Actually Zone Alarm's firewall, True Vector (aka. vsmon.exe) is one of the very first applications to start during the boot sequence. what you "see" opening is the Zone Alarm Pro control panel (zlclient.exe) which may start after other applications. Short of reducing the number of programs that start at boot, I don't think I'd change anything.

stephenca Guest

Default Re: Is there a way to get Zone Alarm Pro to load first at startup?

It causes me considerable difficutly when zonealarm does not start immediately.
    If can take 30 secs to several minutes to start up, sometimes not at all.
    This is on the same machine, with no configuration changes.

How can I load it reliably as several other applications such as Opera browser, Phonetray and mailwasher will not start without it?

I have an anti-virus program running called Antivar personal edition which always starts up first, not a problem as it starts in seconds, o I can see the dealy imposed by zonealarm (free).

Thread Information