Thread: How do you give access to dynamic IP without giving access to everyone

unipatatas Guest

Default How do you give access to dynamic IP without giving access to everyone

We set up a server running several services on it. They are only supposed to be accessed locally and by one other location outside our network. The problem is that the outside network has dynamic IP number, so we can't just add them to our trusted zone.
    Is there any way to work around this?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: How do you give access to dynamic IP without giving access to everyone

I guess you know that Zone Labs does not recommend you use Zone Alarm on servers? Having said that, I know that many users do with success. The only thing that comes to mind is you could open the port used by the 'remote' computer to access your server. That of course assumes it uses the same port every time. All other ports would remain hidden without access.The downside is that port will be open to anyone who finds it.

I don't suppose you could get a static IP for the 'remote' machine can you? One wild idea would be to get a proxy in the mix with a static IP and go through the proxy with the 'remote' machine?

Thread Information