Thread: I'm not getting answers from other forum sites, and there is no e-mail address for ZoneAlarm

mrgsd Guest

Default I'm not getting answers from other forum sites, and there is no e-mail address for ZoneAlarm

How can I POST a question? I don't see anything to click on for that. I need to find out from SOMEone how to install an update to ZoneAlarm, which tells me I have to deactivate Google DesktopSearch first. I didn't even know I HAD that, but do I have to erase all Google stuff from my computer? I don't want tyo lose that search engine. Somebody please answer.
    Fred Mr.GSD@Juno.com or mrgsd@hiwaay.net

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

Default Re: I'm not getting answers from other forum sites, and there is no e-mail address for ZoneAlarm

Congratulations, you just successfully posted your question.Maybe you got this bundled with a recent download. Anyway the instructions for removing the desktop search can be found at the following link.....http://desktop.google.com/support/bi...y?answer=10551

Message Edited by ledoc on 06-10-2006 11:38 AM

mrgsd Guest

Default Re: Thank you, "lecoc"! (was: not getting answers )

Thanks much, "ledoc". It was a long hard road, but you steered me in the right direction."Mr. German Shepherd Dog", Fred (Mr.GSD@Juno.com)

mrgsd Guest

Default Re: What is Google Desktop, and why did I have to discontinue it to update ZoneAlarm?

On another forum department, "ledoc" told me where to go to find update info. It worked. Now my question is, How do I re-install Google Desktop, or do I really have to? What is the use or need for that? I don't remember every installing it, and have been told that it is not the same as the Google search engine, which I DO use occasionally. Am I missing anything important by not trying to reactivate that Google Desktop thing?Fred Mr.GSD@Juno.com

Default Re: What is Google Desktop, and why did I have to discontinue it to update ZoneAlarm?

Hello MrGSD,

Glad to see your problem was solved. Definitely no great advantage to the Google Desktop in my opinion. I Don't use it but I do use the search engine alot.

More than once I have quickly run through the installation of a new program or upgrade and then found a new toolbar or a changed home page or a new default search engine. This just happened to me with an Adobe Acrobat update. Now they have put a Yahoo search engine in the menu bar of the program without any consultation from me. I quess the search engine competition is getting pretty tough out there.

Thread Information