I updated to ZA Free 6.5.700 and all seemed to go just fine. Only later did I notice that my DVD Burner drive letter assignment (WinXP Pro SP2) had been changed from "L" to "I". "I" is the first available drive letter on my computer.
No biggie, I thought, so I went into Disk Management and changed it back from I to L. That went fine and all seemed OK .. but only until I rebooted WinXP. Upon reboot, I saw the drive letter for the burner had been reassigned back to "I"
I tried changing it back to L and then rebooting again ... several times. Nothing could stop the drive letter reassignment.
Finally, I did a RESTORE to my earlier WinXP configuration made before the update of ZA (using a Ghost Backup) and all was well.
Then I tried ZA 6.5.700 again and the reassignment of my DVD burner occurred once again.
Restored from my Ghost Backup ... all was well with my drive letter again.
I installed ZA 6.5.700 one last time to make sure that was the problem ... it was.
I am now back to ZA 22.214.171.1241 and all seems well even after several reboots.
ASUS A8n32Sli-Dlx with RAPTOR 150 GB SATA HD and three partitions
One Maxtor IDE HD with three partitions (I ghost the Raptor to this Maxtor)
AMD FX 60 dual core
2 GB Corsair RAM
twin GeForce video cards in SLI mode.
One Lite-On CD Burner as drive K:
One Sony CD\DVD burner as drive L: (this drive letter gets reassigned to I).
No overclocking or anything fancy.
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)