Thread: BSOD with new install of Zone Alarm Pro versions 6.5.700.000 and the new 6.5.714.000

dmfine Guest

Default BSOD with new install of Zone Alarm Pro versions 6.5.700.000 and the new 6.5.714.000

I had just bought Zone Alarm for two computer a few days ago, right before they released 6.5. I had no problems with 6.1. Then the fun began. I did a clean uninstall of 6.1 and proceeded to install the 6.5.700.000. It rebooted fine the first time. By the way I am running Windows XP SP 2 with all the updates. All the problems started when I used the error checking program in with the built in program in Windows. After rebooting and doing the scan. The computer went into an endless loop that would not allow me to get back into Windows XP. It wouldn't even let me get into safe mode. The only way to get the computer started again was to go back to the last good known configuration. I formatted the hard drive 3 times, without loading anything else but Zone Alarm Pro 6.5.700.000, and still got the same problem again. With the newer version 6.5.714.000, I tried again, with nothing loaded on the computer, a fresh install and the same problem occured. I am going to have to reformat my hard drive again and start over using the 6.1 version. Did I just waste my money?I was able to right down the error information that was on the BSOD. Here it is."A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computerSession5_intitialization_failedTechnical informationxxx stop: 0x00000071(0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)Please let me know when, what and how to fix this problem. I am going back to 6.1 for now. I thought about using Outpost 3.51, which I own also, but Outpost is a little confusing. Zone Alarm seemed the easiest to configure. I would love to be notified throught the forum when a solution will be found. By the way, I noticed something different when I went into safe mode, a file from Zonelabs was loading in from system32, Zone labs folder. Even with the older version, I had never seen this file. This possibly could be the cause, (srescan.sys)Please let me know what you think.David

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

windrider6 Guest

Default Re: BSOD with new install of Zone Alarm Pro versions 6.5.700.000 and the new 6.5.714.000

Please see this thread, as I talk about just this issue in it.
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34350

kda Guest

Default Re: BSOD with new install of Zone Alarm Pro versions 6.5.700.000 and the new 6.5.714.000

I didn't think your message was entirely clear but by error checking you mean "checkdisk"?

If so, I hope you take the opportunity to discuss this with Windrider6. Since you are having the problem on a "bare system" i.e., with nothing but the Operating System and ZA installed, it sure sounds like you might want to compare your hardware / MB / BIOS with each other to see if you can identify something in common that might be plaguing the two of you.

This could be pretty productive I would think.

socalreviews Guest

What I think is that it sounds like you have had nothing but trouble from the new ZA 6.5.7x versions. What I would suggest is go back to 6.1.744.001 for a while and come back into this forum in a few weeks, months, etc. and see if these problems get resolved in the next ZA 6.5.x release. As a matter of fact what I suggested to you is exactly what I am going to do for now.

Thread Information