Thread: Users with chkdsk and boot-time defragmentation issues (perfectdisk, diskeeper, etc.)

heycarnut Guest

Default Users with chkdsk and boot-time defragmentation issues (perfectdisk, diskeeper, etc.)

I've sent the solution to this to Raxco (perfectdisk), since I can't post it here due to forum restrictions. I sent them the original solution to this problem from way back at Zone version 5, which they posted on their tech site, so I would expect the same may happen with this solution for the new problems with 6.5 that the old solution does not address.Rob

Default Re: Users with chkdsk and boot-time defragmentation issues (perfectdisk, diskeeper, etc.)

What Raxco is currently saying is:Zone Alarm 6.5
    The new version of Zone Alarm prevents PerfectDisk's boot time defrag from running. Raxco is currently working to try to identify what has changed in 6.5 and possible workarounds.http://www.raxco.com/support/windows...94&issue=3

windrider6 Guest

Default Re: Users with chkdsk and boot-time defragmentation issues (perfectdisk, diskeeper, etc.)

<blockquote><hr>JRosenfeld wrote:
    What Raxco is currently saying is:

Zone Alarm 6.5
    The new version of Zone Alarm prevents PerfectDisk's boot time defrag from running. Raxco is currently working to try to identify what has changed in 6.5 and possible workarounds.

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows...94&amp;issue=3

<hr></blockquote>

It's a shame that other software companies should have to find work-arounds when the problems are caused by a new, buggy version of a program that worked well before.

Thread Information