Thread: New user finds ZA firewall much too strong...

zenobia Guest

Default New user finds ZA firewall much too strong...

I cannot use ebay with ZA. Big problem, because if I turn off ZA, the Backdoor Trojan starts a relentless attack. I understand there is a learning mode with ZA. OK, I use the free version, the tutorial was useless, and I THOUGHT at one time I found a learning mode just looking at the options in ZA. But I do not find it now. Currently, my settings are MEDIUM for Internet and Trusted Zone. Is there a way to tell ZA that the ebay site is OK? Or any other sites? Because I think ZA is causing lesser problems accessing most sites I visit (NY Times, NWS, and the like). I am on dialup, so slowing down even further is a problem...Thanks for any help you can give!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

hutchtheghost Guest

Default Re: New user finds ZA firewall much too strong...

Do you have Parental Control on? I'm not sure but I think its the only thing that would stop you from being able to use ebay.

zenobia Guest

Default I do not use parental controls

I should add that the difficulty with ebay is intermittent, but seems to be about half the time.I get the DNS/server not found message.Also, this seems to also involve the fact that I just changed to MSN as my ISP.

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: I do not use parental controls

Hi,

Hopefully the following will solve your problem, if not PLEASE post back, Thanks.

Have you got your DNS ServersIP in the Trusted zone and have you granted Generic Host Process For Win32 Services 'server' rights to the Trusted zone in your Program control?

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information