Thread: Bug in new version of zone alarm

mottomann Guest

Default Bug in new version of zone alarm

Hi everybody,there appears to be a bug inthe latest version of zone alarm (zapSetup_65_722_000_en.exe) when running windows XP,if whenusing windows xp the user runs the "chkdsk command atnext boot up", xp performs this task and then reboots as usual, xp starts to load then crashes, if the user tries again to reboot the same thing happens, the only way then to start xp is tochoose the last good configuration command, xp then starts as normal. Theproblem only occurs when the latest version of zone alarm is loaded, if the user uninstalls zone alarm, xp will perform the chkdsk commandwithout any problem. I would appreciate any commentson this issue.

Message Edited by mottomann on 06-21-2006 09:46 PM

billc Guest

Default Re: Bug in new version of zone alarm

I'm not aware of a solution except to try a 'clean' uninstall followed by a fresh install to see if that will help. Here's how. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

If still no joy, then contact Zone Labs Technical Support

windrider6 Guest

See this thread. I have discussed exactly this problem there.
    http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=34350

sanitylossed Guest

I have the same problem and will do a complete uninstall today.

I am also losing an incredible amount of free space on my hard drive, 50 to 200MB's at a time without downloading anything.

Did anyone notice that?

Windows XP Home SP2 and ZA Free with AVG Pro.

Thread Information