Thread: Zone Alarm (6.5.700)conflicts with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio Express

chaos2oo2 Guest

Default Zone Alarm (6.5.700)conflicts with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio Express

After upgrading to the version 6.5.700 of ZA it was no longer possible for me to build my solution. It came up with an errormsg or didn't recognize the changes I made to the code. Only rebuilding my solution was possible to see my changes. After downgrading to 6.1.744.001 everything was fine again.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

jarvis Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm (6.5.700)conflicts with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio Express

Probably related to the issue where 6.5.x is not letting certain programs update the modified date on files.

Stay with the version you've got until you hear that bug has been fixed.

mastertech Guest

Default This is the Date Modified bug that they are ignoring

I have simply had enough of the complete lack of professionalism with the administration not responding to serious bugs like this.

stinkfist Guest

Default Re: Zone Alarm (6.5.700)conflicts with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio Express

I'm having a similar problem with Visual C++ .net 2003. I recently installed the "zaAvSetup_65_714_000_en.exe" update. It caused Microsoft Visual C++ not to update its OBJ files when a build solution was done. The only way I found to make Visual C++ remake the OBJ files was to rebuild solution or delete all the OBJ files and build solution.

The only way I could fix this was to uninstall ZoneAlarm Anit-virus, re-install ZoneAlarm Anti-virus, install the "zaAvSetup_61_744_001_en.exe" update.

I tried installing the "zaAvSetup_65_714_000_en.exe" update as an update and as a clean install. As soon as I did this Visual C++ was screwed up again.

How can I use the latest update and have Visual C++ functioning properly?

stinkfist Guest

Default try 65.722.000, worked for me

I noticed update 65.722.000 came out. I was afraid at first so I tried it on the laptop first. My Visual Studio problems went away. Tried it on my desktop & everything seems fine so far. I'm using Visual C++ .net 2003, so far so good.

Thread Information