Thread: My ZAP icon in system tray dissappeared, Unable get internet connection

Hybrid View

snoma01 Guest

Default My ZAP icon in system tray dissappeared, Unable get internet connection

I use Win XP SP2, ZAP V6.5.714.000true vector 6.5.714.000driver version 6.5.714.000antispyware engine version 5.0.10.0,DAT file version 01.200605.256All of a sudden my zone alarm pro icon in system tray (bottom right) dissappeared. How can I get the icon to re-appear?I am unable get internet connection so I uninstalled the program.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

windrider6 Guest

Default Re: My ZAP icon in system tray dissappeared, Unable get internet connection

Are you saying that after the ZoneAlarm icon disappeared, that none of your programs could access the Internet?

I assume that you rebooted, and the same was occurring?

I have found that with my high speed Internet (wireless, using Motorola Canopy), that the connection to the Internet takes about 30-60 seconds when I first boot up in Windows. This interfered with the programs that were starting at Windows start. My solution for this was to create a password for my Windows Logon, so when I boot the computer, I wait that 30-60 seconds before logging in. The Internet connection is achieved during that time, so that at the start of Windows, the start programs all worked better.

I also use "Startup Delayer" (from r2 Studios), which allows you to customize delays for the start of each program that normally all try to start at once at Windows start. This helps me immensely, and taskbar icons that previously stopped showing up, now always do.

snoma01 Guest

Default Re: My ZAP icon in system tray dissappeared, Unable get internet connection

Yes, after ZAP icon disappeared from system tray, internet connection is not possible.

When I did ALT+CTRL+DEL, I see zap still running.

Anyway I uninstalled latest version and am running one version prior.

uk Guest

go to customize in the tool bar options and see if the zone alarm icon is checked " always show". if not check it or go to program settings in zone alarm and see the desired configyuration

snoma01 Guest

Can you please guide me where Tool bar option is in ZAP?

snoma01 Guest

can you please guide me where Tool bar option can be found in zap?

windrider6 Guest

Right click on an empty area in the Windows taskbar (at the bottom of the screen). Choose "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Click the "Customize" button beside "Hide inactive icons". Under "Current Items", find ZoneAlarm, and change it's setting to "Always show".

I doubt that this will solve your problem, since your problem is more than just not seeing the icon. Just make sure that you haven't inadvertantly stopped all Internet activity in ZoneAlarm. Otherwise, you will have to ask tech support for help with your problem about not being able to connect to the Internet.

Thread Information