Thread: Frequent re-requesting for program permissions.

muskrat Guest

Default Frequent re-requesting for program permissions.

My Zone Alarm was working smoothly until I installed System Mechanic 6(promoted by ZA). Now I get Frequent re-requesting for program permissions. Is it possible that System Mechanic is erasing ZA's settings or corrupting them? SM supports says "no". Help?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

jarvis Guest

Default Re: Frequent re-requesting for program permissions.

If this started after updating to 6.5 and relates to the OS Firewall it could be due to these new settings

Otherwise it is likely that something is making windows shut down faster than usual - some tweaking program maybe? This means the ZA database doesn't get saved properly and restores from a backup copy when you reboot.

To test for this, make a settings change in ZA. Then Shut down ZA manually. Wait a few minutes then start it back up. If the setting you changed has been saved, look for something that makes windows shut down extra fast. If it hasn't been saved, you'll probably need to reset your ZA database.

muskrat Guest

Default Re: Frequent re-requesting for program permissions.

I made a change in Program Permissions, shut down ZA, re-started and changes held. I believe System Mechanic "compacts" the registry. I wonder if that is the cause? Thanks.

Thread Information