Thread: 6.5.714 corrupting Eudora mail boxes?

Hybrid View

astral Guest

Default 6.5.714 corrupting Eudora mail boxes?

Since I upgarded to 6.5.714 I have been getting corruption
    of the mail boxes in Eudora 5.2.1.

After reading the messages in the Eudora forum I have downgraded to 6.1.744 which never gave problems.

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

woodwise Guest

Default Re: 6.5.714 corrupting Eudora mail boxes?

ZAP was preventing some applications from updating the file date and time stamps. Eudora wants the mailbox and toc files to be current. For some reason, Eudora was able to update the mbx file but not the toc. This resulted in a sync error that Eudora can't handle. 6.5.722.000 fixes the catastrophe caused by ZAP.

highplains Guest

<blockquote><hr>Woodwise wrote:
    ZAP was preventing some applications from updating the file date and time stamps. Eudora wants the mailbox and toc files to be current. For some reason, Eudora was able to update the mbx file but not the toc. This resulted in a sync error that Eudora can't handle. 6.5.722.000 fixes the catastrophe caused by ZAP.
    <hr></blockquote>

According to Eudora tech support, 6.5.722 does NOT fix the problem, and they are recommending a return to ZA 6.1.

Can anyone confirm that Zonelabs is working on a fix for this?

astral Guest

How do I back out, without loosing all my settings??

astral Guest

I loaded 6.5.722 earlier this evening and so far it seems to
    be OK..............

leswgnr Guest

I had the multiple repeat messages each time - over 10K+ in spam & trash-EVERY TIME. I did a clean uninstall & reinstall
    woth 6.5.722.000. My message problems went away, but I cannot connect now to download mail. Did a 2nd clean uninstall and went backlevel tp 6.1, still can't download. Every other application on my machine works correctly either version. My wife's laptop only can connect 1 out of 10 tries but has no corruption problems.

If I bring ZA down & start the windows firewall - both machines download fine & no other Eudora problems.

I have reported this to ZA TechSupport.

<blockquote><hr>highplains wrote:

<blockquote><hr>Woodwise wrote:
    <hr></blockquote>

According to Eudora tech support, 6.5.722 does NOT fix the problem, and they are recommending a return to ZA 6.1.

Can anyone confirm that Zonelabs is working on a fix for this?
    <hr></blockquote>

Thread Information