Thread: So you are theguys who screwed up Windows XP date/time stamps!!!

woodwise Guest

Default So you are theguys who screwed up Windows XP date/time stamps!!!

I have been going nuts trying to figure which application that I insalled in the past few days was responsible. /Some/ programs would not be able to update the date and time stamp of files that they had modified. WHY DIDN'T ZONE ALARM TELL US????? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY HOURS I SPENT TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT AND UNINSTALLING PROGRAMS?All that was necessary was to send an email to registered users and we could have saved all that time. Nuts to you.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

neoriley Guest

Default Re: So you are theguys who screwed up Windows XP date/time stamps!!!

I'm so hacked off right now I can't even begin to explain the rage.

5 F&%#@ing days I've been trying to figure out why my projects won't compile - and it turns out to be my most trusted application - YOU GUYS.

I'll forgive you if it's just that you didn't know blah blah blah...but man, 5 days and you still don't know??? No fix? no Post that says "we're aware that you're screwed, patch coming very soon"?

Sorry, I never register to post, but this time, i made the exception.

John Grden
    Director of Flash Platform
    Blitz | www.blitzagency.com

woodwise Guest

Default Re: So you are theguys who screwed up Windows XP date/time stamps!!!

Indeed, we had the same problem. Projects wouldn't compile, backups wouldn't run. We lost several days of development history because the date and time stamps were not updated. We wrote batch programs to handle the problems while we set about uninstalling programs trying to find the culprit. ZAP would have been last on our list. When we installed the latest relese of ZAP - paid subscription, note - the problems stopped immediately. Zone Alarm owes us years of free service for the labor lost in the last week...

Thread Information