Thread: Automating latest Updates?

viro Guest

Default Automating latest Updates?

I have purchased a 5 user suite of ZA Suites and have them installed on 5 computers on a router connection to the Internet. Is there a way to have ZA automatically download and install the latest update automatically without having to have user input but keep existing settings? I realize if there are new features they would have to be addressed.Is this at all possible?Viro

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

Default Re: Automating latest Updates?

I don't think that is possible. You can have the program automatically check for updates, but if one is found you will always be asked if you want to install it before it is installed.

viro Guest

Well that **bleep**s, one thing Norton has over ZA thats forsure. I really miss the self-updating program updates with the ability to have it auto reboot after the updates. Trying to maintain 10+ machines with ZAS is becomming a pain in the butt.Viro

File that under "One man's meat is another man's Poison". There are many in this world who prefer to have total control as to what goes on their hardrive. Personally, I have automatic check forupdates turned OFF. I'd much rather examine how others are faring with the latest update before deciding to install it rather than be subjected to software updatesthat I might not want or need. While you wax nostalgic for the good ole days of Norton, I thank my lucky stars for having found refuge fromthe bloated, overbearing ,intrusive monstrosity that was Norton Internet Security Suite.

forum_moderator Guest

That ability is definitely on the feature list for a future version.

Marcus

Thread Information