Thread: iTunes podcast problem

tomkk Guest

Default iTunes podcast problem

I have a server that makes a podcast available to clients. The client can subscribe and update the podcast with iTunes if Zonealarm Pro is shut down but the podcast will not update if ZAP is active. If I shut down ZAP on the server and subscribe to the podcast on the client, the podcast updates OK. I can then restart ZAP on the server and download individual items in the podcast OK.

I've tried leaving ZAP running but turning off ALL features (firewall, program control, privacy, etc.) but the podcast will not update. If I shut down ZAP on the server, again the podcast updates OK.

I've seen other posts with ZAP/iTunes problems but I haven't seen any reliable fixes and, to tell the truth, it's not clear whether they had a problem was with ZAP on the client or ZAP on the server.

Anyway, sorry for the length of the post. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on here between ZAP and iTunes. btw, I have ZAP 6.5.722.000 and iTunes 6.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

tomkk Guest

Default Re: iTunes podcast problem

More info - the podcast feed works OK with at least one other podcast client. The problem seems related specifically to iTunes.

Thread Information