Thread: ZoneAlarm Freezes Computer

quoc Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Freezes Computer

When i install the ZoneAlarm Firewall and activate it, my computer freezes immidiately after 5 seconds unless i shut down Zone Alarm. I try to reboot it. I did this twice but still the same problem. I try uninstalling and reinstalling the program which still does not solve the problem. Why does this happen and what can i do to have a working zone alarm firewall?

I just installed it yesterday.

Thanks

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Freezes Computer

Some machines had a problem with the first Zone Alarm 6.5 release and many of those problems have been fixed with the Zone Alarm 6.5.722.000. What version did you install? If it was not the latest, then try installing Zone Alarm 6.5.722.000 found here. . If you currently have a Zone Alarm version installed, the first uninstall it using the 'clean' switch.

<fieldset>
    <legend>Clean Uninstall</legend>Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.</fieldset>

Thread Information