Thread: Does ZA protect against remote keyloggers and network monitors?

darkfalcon Guest

Default Does ZA protect against remote keyloggers and network monitors?

Hi, I'm connected to the internet through a network. I'm worried about my privacy being violated by programs used by other users in the network such as Network monitors, remote keyloggers such as NETVIZOR etc. I have ZA pro on win98se. does it protect against such programs being used by other network users against my pc so they see my keystrokes, chat details, sites visited etc? im talking about other network CLIENTS here. and if someone has admin status on the network will he be able to? thanks.

Operating System:Windows 98-SE (Second Edition)
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: Does ZA protect against remote keyloggers and network monitors?

Do you have your 'network' in the Trusted zone?

darkfalcon Guest

"Do you have your 'network' in the Trusted zone?"

No I put everything on the internet zone. i was a bit confused with the whole internet or trusted thing so i figured trusted would mean ZA would allow that ip to access my computer while internet would give me an alert? is that correct?

billc Guest

So I take it that you are not file-sharing on your 'network'. As long as you do not have your network in the trusted zone and you've not granted 'access' to a key logging program in your Program Control I think you are secure until or unless someone has direct access to the machine itself. If someone does have direct access, they could install a program to log whatever they please then go to your machine to retrieve the information when you are not around. Make sense?

Thread Information