Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZA Free bloats System Restore - Beware

piranhapete Guest

Default Re: ZA Free bloats System Restore - Beware

Hi Fax

Thanks for the quick response. Firstly I would like to say that I would prefer staying with ZA as I do not see a viable alternative. Keeping a computer clean and trusting antivirus/antispy
    security suites has become a minefield. Thus the comment about snakeoil salesmen.

Your suggestions worked:

In Windows System Restore I reduced the disk space usage to 0% and turned off System Restore on all drives.

This was OK as I had previously backed up the entire Hard Drive onto an external drive.

I then ran ZASS antivirus and Antispy scans. This scanned fine with System Restore turned off.

I run a differential backup twice weekly.

I turned System Restore back on and increased Disk space usage to 5% (3.8GB) enough to hold a week of system restore points.

As expected ZA anti virus scan hung at SVI\tracking.log

So I deselected tracking.log
    from the "scan targets" under the advanced option of the antivirus/antispyware tab. The anti virus scan ran perfectly.

Exactly what is the SVI\ tracking.log? Is it potentially a problem if it is not scanned?

If it is, when will ZA fix this glitch?

How will I find out when the glitch is fixed, so that I can reactivate tracking.log?

Thank You

hi!I have no problem with the System Restore Volume... there is something in your setup that locks the AV.Better you report the issue directly to ZA technical support at: www.zonelabs.com/tsform Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

piranhapete Guest

Thanks FaxI thought everything was OK but then spyware started to hang.So I uninstalled ZASS and did a clean install of ZASS and everything is sweet for the moment.It doesn't get much easier than that!Will report to techies if it starts playing up again.Cheers

Glad to hear ZASS is working fine now...Thank again for updating me on the issue.Cheers,Fax

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Saturday 6am to 10pm Central time
    Closed Sundays and Holidays

whatthe Guest

This problem with tracking.log file affects almost every sypware program out there. Sometimes you can temporarily solve the problem by deleting the file and rebooting, but it's not the solution!
    Zone Labs came out with a new system repair program recently, I inquired if it solves this long-lasting problem on the forum. All they told me was to contact technical assistance (I'm sure t.a. is weary of us contacting them already, and they don't have the solution.
    I tried updating Java, and it solved the problem, but only temporarily. It doesn't seem to be a problem of ZoneAlarm's but I can't see where anyone has solved it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information