Thread: NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

mindy Guest

Default NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE ZONEALARM INTERNET SECURITY SUITE 2006. WHEN I LEFT FOR WORK TODAY MY ANTI-VIRUS WAS UPDATING, SO I LEFT THE COMPUTER ALONE. WHEN I GOT HOME (8 HRS LATER) IT WAS UPDATED BUT THE WINDOW WOULDN'T CLOSE SO I SHUT-DOWN THE COMPUTER AND RESTARTED IT. WHEN I RESTARTED THE COMPUTER ONLY THE FREE VERSION OF THE FIREWALL WOULD START. I CAN'T FIND THE INTERNET SECURITY SUITE ANYWHERE.PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

Default Re: NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have two firewalls- the suite and the free- installed on the PC? Oldsod

BTW do you have two antivirus also? Can you give some details about the PC setup?

Message Edited by Oldsod on 06-29-2006 08:08 AM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.5
    Best regards.
    oldsod

mindy Guest

Default Re: to oldsod

I HAD A NEWER VERSION OF THE FREE ZONEALARM. I UNISTALLED IT AND THEN INTSALLED THE 2006 SUITE. EVERYTHING WAS FINE FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN IT REVERTED BACK TO THE FREE FIREWALL. I WANTED THE 2006 SUITE BECAUSE OF THE ANTIVIRUS. I CAN'T DO A SYSTEM RESTORE, I CAN'T REINSTALL THE PROGRAM. WHEN I PUT THE DISK IN THE DRIVE IT SAYS THAT THERE WAS AN ERROR AND IT MUST CLOSE IMMEDIATELY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME.THANKS, MINDY

Default Re: to oldsod

Hi Mindy!

You will have to do a clean up of pieces of the free version that are still in the PC. This will also clean the parts of the suite and help the new installation of the suite from the disc to be the very best!

There is a known secret in the ZA user's world. It is called the " /clean" uninstall. Just doing alone that will any Zone Alarm firewall will perform the very best "cleanest" uninstall. Any reinstall or in the case of many, the next upgrade to newest version are done this way.

Using the " /clean" method.

Start > All Programs > Zone Labs > Right Click the Uninstall Zone labs Security > Left Click the Properties > in the area where it says " Target" it should say something like C:\Program Files\ZoneLabs\ZoneAlalrm\zauninstall.exe. okay now in the very end of this line click it with mouse and press the spaces key and type in /clean Now click Apply and OK it. The next step is to then open the ZA and uncheck the "Load Zone Alarm at startup" in the preferences in the OverView section. Then reboot and the Zone Alarm should be off and not started. The next step is to use Start> All Programs> Zone Labs> and again right click the "Uninstall Zone Labs Security" and this time click the "Open" and the uninstall will proceed from here on and it will be the most cleanest uninstall ever possible!

Or instead after the reboot, and the ZA is off, just open the Add/Remove in the Control Panel and uninstall the Zone Alarm from there!

Below it the page with the Zone Alarm components that must be now manually removed. It will involve file removal as well as registry key removal. After going through the long, but complete list, the PC will be squeaky clean!

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=48347

Please start from the third paragraph, since the first two paragraphs aren't really required.

Take care and pkease repost if I made any mistakes or if you have any more questions! Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 06-29-2006 11:37 PM
    Best regards.
    oldsod

Thread Information