Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

jhugoo Guest

Default Re: ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

Thank you, Millermia,

I did that and it solved my problem.

Al

Scotia, NY

millermia Guest

Default Re: ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

Howdy, Jhugoo!

Glad to hear that it worked!
    Take care!
    Adios!

---------
    M. Miller
    ==========

bbear Guest

Same problem here too, and I have tried every suggestion from this thread but nothing worked.

I have filed a support request, hopefully I will hear back soon. I also have had problems with Norton Antivirus in the past but only in conjunction with certain ZA Pro updates.

If I don't get this resoved quickly I will probably move back to a 6.1 build of ZA Pro

bbear Guest

As an experiment I removed ZA 6.5 and installed 6.1.744.001

Norton LiveUpdate is still not working, also the 'AutoProtect' message still doesn't pop up when I send an email from Outlook. These are classic symptoms of ZA induced problems which I have experienced with some of the earlier builds.

Maybe to restore my system to its pre 6.5 state I have to do a clean uninstall, I have all the instructions for this printed out somewhere. It is a shame that simply doing an regular uninstall doesn't completely remove ZA. I wish ZoneLabs would write amore thoroughuninstall program sometime.

jhugoo Guest

Hi bbear,I went to SYMANTEC and found the solution in the page below.http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05102616174713Every thing works fine now including the free ZONE ALARM.Best of luck!Al

bbear Guest

Thanks for the pointer, but I had already tried the Symantec solution but it failed. I discovered thatI had in fact two issues ..

1. Cannot run LiveUpdate

2. Norton auto protect not working

The LiveUpdate problem turned out to be due to the install of SystemWorks2006 not removing Norton Antivirus 2003 first. After I deleted NAV 2003 and SystemWorks 2006, then reinstalled 2006 the LiveUpdate problem was fixed. I had also uninstalled ZA but from the symptoms I am more inclined to think it was a Norton problem and not ZA, I won't know for sure until I reinstall ZA. At this point I am not sure whether to play save and install the last known to be good version, 6.1, or take the plunge and try 6.5 again.

The AutoProtect issue has happenedin the pastand turned out to be ZA that time. I don't know if it is a ZA problem or not, but hopefully support will walk me through the steps to prove one way or another.

Message Edited by bbear on 07-16-2006 09:15 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information