Thread: What is this phantom program?

oceansidegab Guest

Default What is this phantom program?

It happens occasionally when I am navigating on the web. I click a link andZoneAlarm asks, "Do you want to allow [BLANK SPACE] to access the internet?" Until I click "yes" the browser does not move on to the page. If I click on "more info" ZoneAlarmsends me to a page that tries to describe what "No Program" is. That's right, it labels the phantom as "No Program!" Though it's kinda funny (page displays the usual generic gobbledy**bleep** about No Program) it doesn't answer the question at all.What is this Phantom Program with no name, no icon, no description, no nothing?!PS: I have seen it happen on both free and Pro versions of ZoneAlarm

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: What is this phantom program?

Hi,PLEASE try the following solution.Try resetting your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.PLEASE complete a couple of FREE online Virus scans for any type of nasty bugs that may be hiding inside your computer. Here are a couple of excellent sites, if you are interested to scan your computer.http://housecall.trendmicro.com/http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscanPLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information