Thread: Program alert log

jilbert Guest

Default Program alert log

I have ZAPro. Is it ok that my wireless card installed in my dell laptop and my router are pinging each other every minute andits being reported in the log, either medium or high risk? This didn't happen onmy old gateway laptop but I changed to a new laptop.I have looked all the ip addressess up of the computers we havehere and added them in the trusted zone. thank you

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Program alert log

There is nothing to worry about. BTW, do you have your LAN in the Trusted zone? It should look something like this 192.168.x.x/255.255.255.0 where the 'x' are nimbers.

jilbert Guest

Is the LAN when your computer is physically plugged into the modem? If so, we have a desktop that is physically plugged intoour modem/router, and 1 laptop uses a wireless card you can remove and my laptop uses a builtin wireless card. I lookedup the ipconfig/all in the regedit on all computers and added these ips to the trusted zone. But last night I got to looking atsettings and on the Firewall page, on the Main page I had the trusted zone set to High. I moved it to Medium thinking thatmaybe since we were sharing that was causing a problem. I have not had the repeat back and forth between my computerand the modem.

billc Guest

Your LAN is a Local Area Network consisting of both your wireless laptop and your desktop. So a computer does not need to be 'wired' to be part of your LAN. And, your Trusted Zone security slider should be in the 'Medium' position with your set-up. Of course the Internet Zone should be on 'High'.

jilbert Guest

Thank you so much foryour prompt attention to this issue.I appreciate it greatly. Jill

Thread Information