Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

jhugoo Guest

Default ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

I have 3 XP computers with ZA Free and Norton System Works on each. After I downloaded the most recent ZA update on 2 of them, I could not update Norton antivirus (Norton error message LU1875). I am afraid to download the ZA update on the 3rd computer for fear of having the same problem. Is ther a fix for this?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

billc Guest

Default Re: ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

Try this. Go to Zone Alarm Program Control > Programs list, right click on the Live Update application on the list, then click to 'remove' it. Now try to check for updates and you should get a new Zone Alarm Program alert. Click 'allow' and the 'remember' this box. Did that work?

jhugoo Guest

Default Re: ZA update 6.5.722.000 eliminates NORTON SYSTEM WORKS ability for antivirus update

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested, but the error message remanes the same. Also, I did a reboot on a second try without success..

Al

Scotia, NY

billc Guest

Perhaps your Zone Alarm database has gotten corrupt and needs to be reset. This sometimes happens with updates. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

jhugoo Guest

Hi Bill,

Did the SAFE MODE excersize .............. still the same. I thank you again for your help. Two of my friends, who downloaded the most recent ZA downloads, have the same problem.

Al

Scotia, NY

billc Guest

There may be an issue with Norton and the latest Zone Alarm for which I'm not aware. Contact Zone Labs Technical Support and see what they have to say. Sorry my ideas didn't work for you.

jhugoo Guest

Thanks for the attention..........I may dump NORTON and go with THE SHEILD ANTIVIRUS and FIREWALL. I've had big troubles with Norton in the past.Thank you again,Al Scotia, NY

jhugoo Guest

Found the solution. Go to page http://service1.symantec.com/support...=tranus_con_brand do ALL THE STEPS

Al

Message Edited by jhugoo on 07-01-2006 08:48 PM

jhugoo Guest

http://service1.symantec.com/support...=tranus_con_br

WHOOPS...............DO ALL THE STEPS.

millermia Guest

Howdy!

I have encountered the same Norton LiveUpdate error (LU1875) on several of my clients' computers as of late. It appears to affect older versions of Norton products (at least in my case) and has nothing to do with ZoneAlarm (my clients that encountered the "LU1875" error are not using ZoneAlarm). With that said, there is a solution to the "LU1875" problem...

Simply go to the Symantec web site... www.symantec.com ...and click in the search box at the top of the web page. Type in the error code... lu1875 ...and either press the ENTER-key on your keyboard or click on the "GO" button. Only one item should be found when the search is complete. Click on the search result.

The information will explain the "LU1875" error and will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to resolve the issue. It has to do with a corrupted DLL registry entry. The step-by-step instructions have worked for me every time, thus far.

The following is also a hyperlink that will take you directly to the "LU1875" solution at the Symantec web site. You may have to copy and paste the entire hyperlink into your web browser's address bar...

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...d?OpenDocument

Hopefully this will work for you as well. Good luck! Take care!
    Adios!

------------
    M. Miller
    =============

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information