Thread: Strange random TrueVector Crashes

dreamer_fi Guest

Default Strange random TrueVector Crashes

When installed the new ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.5.714.000 the TrueVector service started crashing. When crashing all browsing (port 80) is halted but other network softwares are working. I cant determin what causes the crash but it happends a few times a day, even without anyone touching the computer. In the ZoneAlarm Overview/Status tab there is warning that the security level is too low and the whole window aint working properly (freezed buttons and slideres) and ZoneAlarm request Booting. When done so, all runs smoothly again for a time. Any ideas why this happens?

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Strange random TrueVector Crashes

True Vector normally crashes as a result of a driver conflict or a corrupt installation. A fresh install will often fix the problem. First do a 'clean' uninstall this way. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now reinstall Zone Alarm.

iskandar Guest

I did the clean uninstall and installed it back again, it did nothing to solve this problem. TrueVector seems to crash all by itself, and i don't know what triggers it. It's completely random

dieselme Guest

I am getting the EXACT same problem as you, and as posted in my previous forum replies..

i am just relieved its NOT me, i am a computer screw up but i am not RESPONSIBLE for this one.

ZoneAlarm Security Suite Version: 6.5.722.000

bug bug bug bug bug.

sandmanuk Guest

Getting the same problem here too, same version, I have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall, hasn't solved it, going to try rolling back the installation version to an older copy (a working older copy is better than a crashing newer one)

blobens Guest

The free version of ZA has worked great for years now, but TrueVector in the pro version crashes way too much. Having to do the /clean uninstall and manually clean out every piece of their software just to install their product is just asinine. That will fix most of the crashes, but not all. It especially likes to crash when coming out of suspend mode on my laptop.

Since I installed the new ZA Security Suite, there are also very small click sounds coming from the sound card on my laptop. I haven't installed anything but ZA Security Suite. This sounds unrelated to what ZA Security Suite does, but I'm guessing after I unstall, this will probably go away.

I've pretty much had it with the lack of any 'free' or low-cost support. They should at least provide one free service call or respond to posts in their newsgroups.

This TrueVector problem has been around for a long time, time to uninstall ("/clean"!!) for good. I was really a fan of ZoneAlarm until I purchased this buggy security suite.

Thread Information