Thread: setup is unable to login to True Vector> Uninstall, Fresh download & Re-install

sluggo Guest

Default setup is unable to login to True Vector> Uninstall, Fresh download & Re-install

Hi everyone,I just had this happen on a computer that crashed and Iam re-installingall my programs. I am using Windows 2000 Pro with all the updates that are available.memory 512megAthlon 1.8MHzhard disk useable 37 gigUsed 7 gig.This same machine was running ZoneAlarm for home users (Free Version) with no problems. I suspect the download I received yesterday is a much new version but a free version. Now I get the following message when I try to Install ZA.Setup is unable to log in to True Vector Service. Please use service manager to shutdown True Vector then restart the machine.This is what I downloaded not sure what version this is: zlsSetup_65_714_000_en.exeQuestion what is and where do I find the Service Manager and shutdown True Vector. I never saw this error before. Any guidance or help would be appreciated very much.Sluggo

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: setup is unable to login to True Vector

Hi,

PLEASE follow the "EXACT INSTRUCTIONS" and PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

First of all, PLEASE go to the following thread and download your fresh copy of Zone Alarm, download it on to your Desktop, but DO NOT INSTALL IT, until you completely followed the instructions BELOW.

ZoneAlarm (FREE)
    http://www.zonelabs.com/zadownload

Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin. Now install a fresh copy of Zone Alarm that you had downloaded prior to uninstalling Zone Alarm.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: setup is unable to login to True Vector

Hello Slyfox. Sorry it didn
    t work either!But maybe it
    s because i couldn
    t do this you wrote: " Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option " because the installation won
    t work and i can
    t open the program at all? What shall i do ?

Hi avskum,

All you had to do was go into your firewall, Overview Tab, then to Preference Tab, scroll down until you see GENERAL, REMOVE the checkmark from that box, a warning will come up, just click on YES. Then follow the rest of the instructions that I had posted.

BTW, PLEASE indicate your OS and the version of Zone Alarm you are installing, (Pro, Free, Suite, etc.), Thanks.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox

5. Default Re: setup is unable to login to True Vector

you wrote: All you had to do was go into your firewall, Overview Tab, then to Preference Tab, scroll down until you see GENERAL, REMOVE the checkmark from that box, a warning will come up, just click on YES. Then follow the rest of the instructions that I had posted.Answer: My firewall? i have ZA free as firewall. But how can i go to overview or preference if i can
    t open the program at all? if i right-click on the folder i can
    t see any overview och preference tab either?I run Win Xp sp 2 on my computer. I also have Norton Antivirus 2005.

Hi avskum,

Okay, I have just created a whole set of instructions and will be posting them on the forum under the Installation section in a couple of minutes. Hopefully these instructions will solve your problems and the rest of our members. All I can do is try and I will do so until I find the right solution.

SlyFox

7. numinbah Guest

Hi SlyFox<<<< Okay, I have just created a whole set of instructions and will be posting them on the forum under the Installation section in a couple of minutes. Hopefully these instructions will solve your problems and the rest of our members. All I can do is try and I will do so until I find the right solution.>>>>I have bee following you posts re the problem with Zone Alarm and True Vector I am unable to find the post you refer to in the above postI would be obliged if you can point me in the right direction. I am unable to access the web on my other comp

Thread Information