Thread: I keep getting a pop-up saying my license has expired, but I have the free version.

dewlover Guest

Default I keep getting a pop-up saying my license has expired, but I have the free version.

I have the FREE version of ZA, but I keep getting a pop-up at start-up telling me my registration has expired. Does anyone know how to get rid of this nagware? I've been using the free version for years, and this just started 2 days ago... I do not want/need the PRO version, as I am quite happy with the FREE. Thanks for any info.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: I keep getting a pop-up saying my license has expired, but I have the free version.

Hi,

PLEASE go to the following thread and hopefully it will solve your problem, if not PLEASE post back, Thanks.

http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/b...ssage.id=41453

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: I keep getting a pop-up saying my license has expired, but I have the free version.

SlyFox,The only suggestion in that link (other than waiting a few weeks for the nag screen not to come up again)seems to be to set a password in Overview preferences. If that was what you meant, it does not apply to the free version, which does not have an option to set a password in overview preferences.I have never had the nag screen with ZA free, so cannot offer any alternative advice. The only thing I can think of is that after downloading ZA free, during install, there is a window where you have to choose between ZA free and ZA pro tial version; maybe the OP accidentally set the wrong radio button on that screen during install?

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 07-11-2006 05:43 PM

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: I keep getting a pop-up saying my license has expired, but I have the free version.

Hi JRosenfeld, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for informing me about that. YES, YOU are probably right about setting the wrong radio button on install. Anything is possible these days! Thanks again and have a "GREAT DAY"! SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

Thread Information