Thread: How to make the Alert Balloons Transparent.

ludichris Guest

Default How to make the Alert Balloons Transparent.

(if posting this is against the rules just delete this message and I'll give my apologies now)

I was searching for a long time on a way to make the ZoneAlarm Security Alert Balloons transparent, and I believe I've found out how.

-THE PROBLEM: was that the Alerts took up too much of my screen and I couldn't see what else I was doing in Windows.

Disabling the Alerts and lowering my security was not an option; I'm on an extremely un-secure network and I need to know what is happening to my machine.

THE SOLUTION:
    Glass2k is a program made by Chime Software th

WHAT IT DOES:
    It allows you to set a transparency/opacity of a window via hotkey or right click, you decide. Enable the 'Auto-Remember every window's Transparency Settings' feature, and you can close & exit the program and the next Security Alert Balloons that are displayed will all be the transparency percent you set them too.
    (You don't need to set the transparency for each individual Security Alert Balloon, set it for one and it is applied to the rest.

WHERE TO GET IT:
    Google Glass2k or go to http://www.chime.tv/products/glass2k.shtml

WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO RUN IT:
    At the bottom of the website listed above there is a link to download the Visual Basic 6 Runtime *.dll's
    Download and install them (make sure you don't install older versions of the same file, you will be prompted and advised during installation if you want to overwrite the newer version. click no)

[Also if you google Free RAM Optimizer XP, it helps with any memory leaks and troubles you might have and you can manually free up memory]

Later,
    Chris

billc Guest

Default Re: How to make the Alert Balloons Transparent.

Hi Chris. I had no idea such a program even exist. Actually I keep my alerts turned off except of course for Program Alerts.

Thread Information