Thread: Running ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and Webroot Spy Sweeper on the same system

noahjw Guest

Default Running ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and Webroot Spy Sweeper on the same system

I have a 1 year old computer (Dell, Windows XP Home) and recently bought ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and Webroot Spy Sweeper for my computer. I had both installed for about 1 and a half weeks when I began recieving error messages (on a blue screen) saying that windows had shut down, followed by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". My computer continued to go downhill (registry corruption) and I ended up reinstalling windows and replacing all of my files (docs, pics, etc., no system files) I reinstalled both programs, ZoneAlarm and Webroot, and got the same blue screen message in about 10 minutes. After uninstalling webroot, i have yet to recieve that message again. Any thoughts on how to work around this so that I can have both programs running? Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any help would be much appreciated.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

zaswing Guest

Default Re: Running ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite and Webroot Spy Sweeper on the same system

The suite has its own spyware job to perform. It might be conflicting with SpySweeper. Since you're a payng customer, I'd ask both ZL tech support and Webroot people if they know of conflicts. There are many anti-spy products out there and some can work with another, some can't.

Have you tried, for instance, disabling the spy job on the ZA side? Did the error recur? I would think if it does not, then those two can't coexist. We don't know/aren't told what the ZA spychecker is. It might be CA's Pest Patrol, who knows.Google to check if there's a conflict there.

Thread Information