Thread: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update Always Running...Can't stop it or update virus/spware

Hybrid View

eddie Guest

Default ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update Always Running...Can't stop it or update virus/spware

I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling the program 6.5.722.000. After I reinstall it works fine for a while and then the un-ending update is running starts.Iuse internet explorer. I believe this started a few days ago.Thanks for any help you can give.Ed Barr

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

nojmit Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update Always Running...Can't stop it or update virus/spware

I'm having the same problems. My latest definitions are 7/12. My "Scan Now" button is grayed out also.

eddie Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm Security Suite Update Always Running...Can't stop it or update virus/spware

I think I might have fixed it...at least for now. In the anti-Virus/spyware section of the message board at the top of the page, click on the second subject called "latest anti-virus and anti-spyware definitions" by unhappy_viewer dated 8/4/2005.

Scroll down toanswer 4 and click on the "this thread" link and follow the instructions exactly which will update your anti-virus definitions manually.

It worked for me so far. We'll see in a few days if it still works.

Good luck.

eddie Guest

Now it doesn't work once again....same problem started as previously indicated.

innasuit Guest

I have reposted this same problem, because no one has solved this problem on this message board. Maybe re-posting will yield new solutions? Anyway, how did you ever solve your problem?

eddie Guest

I found out that PC Tools Spyware Doctor was causing the problem so I went to ms config and removed the checkmark under services and it is fine. If that is your problem you can totally uninstall Spyware doctorif you wish.

denimdick Guest

All,I am curious, is everyone who is having this problem running some version of Spyware Doctor? I am, and several others seem to be as well. This problem -ZASS always in update mode - did not occur until I did a recent update to the ZASS program (not the anti-virus / spyware modula).. I strongly suspect that there is an issue / conflict between these two programs (Spyware Doctor and the latest version of ZASS) that neither company is willing (or able) to address.Thoughts, confirmations, fixes?ThanksandBest Regards,Rick

Message Edited by Denim**bleep** on 09-05-2006 10:18 AM

eddie Guest

That's exactly the problem! The only way to fix it is to go to start, run, type in MSCONFIG and then go to the services tab and scroll down until you see PCtools spyware doctor and take the check mark out of the box, click apply and okay and then reboot. It fixes the issue with Zone alarm but it disables spyware doctor.Let me know if you find a real solution so we can run both.Ed

Thread Information