Thread: Can't run the "Program UPdate"

shieber Guest

Default Can't run the "Program UPdate"

I just install ZASS 6.5 on my work pc. When I open ZASS, click on overview and click on updates, I get a samll window saying rceiving data, but nothing happens -- it just hangs.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Can't run the "Program UPdate"

Hi,

Try resetting your database. Reset the database this way; you will lose your customizations and will need to reconfigure Zone Alarm.

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4. Reboot into the normal mode.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

shieber Guest

Spent a lot of time rebooting and resetting settings. but all to no avail. Regiasteratins keeps saying "Pending" and proguem updates hangs at athe receiving data window. virus and spyrware updates seem to be working okay.

shieber Guest

After spending the better part of a morning getting ZASS installed, and then having a prob with the update function, then being told to jut delete the database biles, which means having to spend all that time all over again weretling with ZASS and the WAN to get the two to behave, after all that and the program update function still not working, I'm afraid I've spent more of my own time on ZASS thant he program can possibly be worth. So it's back to the other brand at this location.

There's only so much time it meakes sense to devote to getting a product to work and then you have to cut your losses and move on, or sometimes, even move back.

:-(

shieber Guest

Turns out I can update if I use the manual method of running "C:\windows\system32\zonelabs\updclient.exe -fzonealarm.xml -uall "

That works fine, it's just clicking onthe key forprogram update on the Preferences screen that makes ZASS hang on the "receiving data" box. Deletings tuff form the INternet Logs directory was no help.

Thread Information