Thread: SEVERE PROBLEMS WITH ZASS (BLOCKS MY MESSENGERS AND LOCKS DESKTOP!!!)

moana Guest

Default SEVERE PROBLEMS WITH ZASS (BLOCKS MY MESSENGERS AND LOCKS DESKTOP!!!)

Help help help...I was using Zone Alarm Security Suite on trial with a view to purchase. However when the trial ended, it blocked my access to Yahoo and MSN Messengers. I uninstalled, but a page still comes up from ZA thanking me for evaluating the service. If I press cancel, it locks all my desktop items and tells me I dont have permission to use them. This makes my computer unusable...and I must use it for school. Right now I have to keep the page up..but move it down out of the way of things that I open.I also went to program files and notice its still there...when I try to uninstall from there...is says error cannot load DLL libary.Help help help...what's going on. I thought this was a really good product...but there seems to be major problems. Can someone help me please!! Thanks.Moana

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: SEVERE PROBLEMS WITH ZASS (BLOCKS MY MESSENGERS AND LOCKS DESKTOP!!!)

If you can do this, try. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

If you can not do that, then probably the easiest thing for you to try next is install Zone Alarm Free found here. . Download and save the installation file, do not run it. Then open your Task Manager, look for vsmon.exe and if you find it, end the process; if it is not there, worry not. Now run the installation.

If you wish to keep Zone Alarm Free, then I'd reset the database now. Here is how..

1. Boot your computer into the Safe Mode. {Instructions if needed}
    2. Navigate to the c:\windows\internet logs folder.
    3. Delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the folder.
    4.Reboot into the normal mode.

If you do not wish to keep Zone Alarm, then go through the first uninstall instruction above.

moana Guest

Default Re: SEVERE PROBLEMS WITH ZASS (BLOCKS MY MESSENGERS AND LOCKS DESKTOP!!!)

Hi Bill:

Thanks for the information. I was able to uninstall ZASS using the safe mode. Everything is fine now..and my life is back to normal...lol. Thanks again.

Moana

Thread Information