Thread: firewall

justdontknow Guest

Default firewall

is it possible to turn off security suite and just have the firewall run by itself ?

Operating System:Windows 2000 Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.1

billc Guest

Default Re: firewall

Almost. You can go through the various protection options and turn them off, at least you can in Zone Alarm Pro. I've never used ZASS, but I assume you can do the same there. I would, however, leave Program Control on at at least 'Medium' if I were you.

I think the closest you can come to this is by first uninstalling the suite then when you re-install it just don't allow it to install antivirus and antispyware. You can even turn off mailsafe and junkmail features after you reinstall . I did this myself on my laptop and am running spysweeper and Mcafee antivirus alogside the streamlined suite. basically trying to use the suite as just a firewall now that the license is about to expire for upgrades and updates.

billc Guest

Hey ledoc. I've never used ZASS, but can't you just turn off those functions?

Hey Bill ,

You are right. You can go to the Anti-virus/Antispyware>Main tab and just select on or off but personally I feel safer from glitchesusing a ZASS installation that has never run the antivirus/Antispyware programs.

Thread Information