Thread: Problems with Adobe Reader

hstockton Guest

Default Problems with Adobe Reader

I am having problems with adobe reader. I had version 7.0.8 installed with updates 3/11/06 and 6/4/06 when the photoshop starter edition was added.

Since then, on at least one website I am cannot open pdf files. I removed the program from my computer via the control panel add/remove window.

I am trying to download the Reader program again but every time I get here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

when I click the download button I get here:

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob..._DLM_en_us.aom

and a window opens and says I am not authorized to view this page.

You are not authorized to view this page

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.<DIV align=center><HR width="100%" SIZE=2>

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the ardownload.adobe.comhome page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

This is virtually the same window, except for different website, I get when I initially discovered the problem with pdf files.

When I click the address ardownload.adobe.com I get another page which saysForbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Any thoughts on what changed on my computer?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

East Coast of Florida - Lightening/Shark Bite Capital of the World

Default Re: Problems with Adobe Reader

Hi,

For .pdf files, you need to turn off Mobile Code control in order to download.

Go to ProgramControl Programs and give Adobe Reader Access Rights.

The Privacy advisor can help resolve the issue and allow you to customise that site for your use. You will need to go to the Privacy Panel and click on 'custom' in Cookie Control. Then go to the bottom and enable 'Show Privacy Advisor' click apply then ok.

Next go to the page in question and when the Privacy Advisor alert pops up, click on "Click here for details'' and it should take you to the Site List box where you will see the entry causing the problem. The name of the entry can be found in the "Entry Detail" box at the bottom of the page. Now click on 'options' and turn off the ones that interfer with the page. You may have to try several and then refresh the page until the issue is resolved.

PLEASE keep me posted on your results, Thanks.

SlyFox
    "Politeness costs nothing and gains everything".

Click here for ZA Support

Avail. 24x7 - Excl. Holiday

3. Default Re: Problems with Adobe Reader

Here is the direct link to adobe acrobat reader 7.0.8 without all the extra junk they want you to install, alsosince this is the direct link you don't have to deal with their download manager junk either:http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adob...r708_en_US.exe

Thread Information