Thread: Can ZA Pro block sites that kids should not be on ?

tasman Guest

Default Can ZA Pro block sites that kids should not be on ?

I caught my 12 yr. Old on a site I feel is inappropriate and was wondering if ZA Pro can block this site ? If it will can youexplain the procedure to do this? Thanks Tasman

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

socalreviews Guest

Default Re: Can ZA Pro block sites that kids should not be on ?

Besides having antivirus and antispam components the ZoneAlarm Security Suite has parental controls to block inappropriate content but ZoneAlarm Pro does not. You might want to check to see if you can get a special price from ZoneLabs on the upgrade to ZASS. If you do decide to go with ZASS make sure you follow the recommended instructions for completely uninstalling ZAP before you install ZASS. I also believe that some of the advanced consumer based routers (Netgear, Linksys, etc.) have subscription based parental controls to block inappropriate sites and/or their content. If you are running two or more computers then the router based solution for parental controls becomes more economical.

Check out a parental control like naomi (free and it works). Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

tasman Guest

Thank you both for your reply and help, as always this forum comes thru with the answers !!

Tasman

Even still, its a battle that you can't win in the long run - If they are really determined, where there's a will there's a way!

Even if you block access using ZASS, see my reply to another thread at http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs/board/message?board.id=access&message.id=26769 to see just how easy it is to bypass any controls you might impose.

Thread Information