Thread: Zonealarm Pro and Zonealarm Free blocking the changing of IE home pages!

techs Guest

Default Zonealarm Pro and Zonealarm Free blocking the changing of IE home pages!

I have now verified this on 6 computers (I own a computer repair shop).I personally use ZoneAlarm Pro version 6.5.722.000Driver version 6.5.722.000Antispyware version 5.0.10.0 Dat file version 01.200605.256I have MailSafe Off and AntiSpyware Off.I cannot change the IE 6 home page. I have the latest updates to my Windows XP Pro and Internet Explorer 6.I can change my home page by disabling ZoneAlarm and changing the home page then re-starting ZoneAlarm.I checked it on 4 of my customers computers today, July 27,2006 and the same problem occurred.It happens regardless of whether it is the free or paid for version of ZoneAlarm.Has anyone else reported this bug and is there a fix?Thanks in advance.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Pro
    Software Version:6.5

Message Edited by techs on 07-27-2006 04:27 PM

Default Re: Zonealarm Pro and Zonealarm Free blocking the changing of IE home pages!

I think it's got something to work registry locking under 6.5.XX, to protect rogue apps (and nasties) from changing your IE home page.

ai_tak Guest

Default Re: Zonealarm Pro and Zonealarm Free blocking the changing of IE home pages!

That feature was not supposed to be in effect in free, there was a bug in 6.5.722 free that caused it to activate in free, this bug has been fixed in 6.5.731 and above. The settings to block, not block, or ask about homepage changes in pro is in the OSFirewall section (program control->main(tab)->program control(section)->custom(button)->OSFirewall(tab).

Thread Information