Thread: A good antivirus and spyware program would have found Spyware Quake Trojan

samlar Guest

Default A good antivirus and spyware program would have found Spyware Quake Trojan

I had a friend that I talked into using zone alarm suite instead of norton who got the spyware quake trojan and it took me downloading spybot a free program to fix the problem on his computer. Know he thinks and I also that it was a mistake going to zonealarm instead of norton. What going on when spybot a free program and norton will find and remove this spyware quake trojan and zonealarm will not even find it? Is Zone alarm any good for anything else but a firewall. I am thinking about buying nortons 2006 which takes up more processor time than zone alarm but at least it prevent trojans and cost less.

billc Guest

Default Re: A good antivirus and spyware program would have found Spyware Quake Trojan

Sorry, I do not know if Zone Alarm will identify the spyware Quake Trojan. Would you please send your experience along to Zone Labs Technical Support ?

samlar Guest

Default Re: A good antivirus and spyware program would have found Spyware Quake Trojan

This has been around for a while so they should have already had it in the list so do not see a need to send it to them.

I was a fan of zone alarm and have talked people into switching from norton but now I think I was wrong.

darrenjp Guest

soooooooooooo have you mailed tech support and asked them? what did they say?

Thread Information