Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uploading files causes freeze-up

zcecile Guest

Default Uploading files causes freeze-up

I attempted to upload a file to www.yousendit.com and though I got no alerts, my computer slowed down to unusability...CPU usage was at a constant 100%! I checked and this was indeed due to vsmon.exe (the zonealarm program). I turned off security suite and tried it again (after a hard-restart) and it worked...any way to make zalarm work with this site?

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:6.5

Default Re: Uploading files causes freeze-up

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Are the settings in the Privacy fully enabled for this site? This should include private headers, all cookies,java and javascripts. Please enable all features for the site, and use the ZA cleaner and reboot and try it once more. Does this make any difference? Do you assign the server rights to the browser being used (just on the temporary basis for the upload)?

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

zcecile Guest

No, it still causes a slow-down. I tried it with Zalarm off and it worked fine...I notice that CPU usage creeps slowly up instead of suddenly jumping up, don't know if that's important.

What happens when the site is added as Trusted in the Zones of the Firewall? Perhaps not good to have it permanently as Trusted, but just when doing the uploads?

Oldsod

Message Edited by Oldsod on 08-02-2006 03:52 PM

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
    Software Version:6.5
    Best regards.
    oldsod

zcecile Guest

No, that didn't work either...

zcecile Guest

I also tried turning off the firewall entirely...and the antivirus/spyware...the only thing that works is to shut down Zalarm entirely, but I'm hoping to avoid that.

Hi
    Try assigning internet server rights for the browser, but temporarily, and see what happens.Again make sure all aspects are enabled for the site that is being used- all cookies,webbugs, private header, etc.

If the problem still persists, perhaps the database is corrupted.Delete the corrupted database by entering "safe mode", go to the Windows Directory and open the Internet Logs folder and delete the IAMDB.RDB and the BACKUP.RDB files, run the Disk Cleaner, and reboot. The setting will be lost and the ZA will be clean of all entries.But maybe this will work.

Oldsod
    Best regards.
    oldsod

zcecile Guest

no....that didn't work either...I'll just find another way to send files.

billc Guest

Try this if you would. Turn off all your 'Main' Privacy blocking, clean your browser cache and try again. You should be able to use that site with ZASS running as long as all your 'global' Privacy is turned off. BTW, what size file are you trying to send? Many e-mail boxes have a maximum file size much much lower than I Gig.

forum_moderator Guest

Try what Bill posted.

If that doesn't help, try disabling realtime on-access AV. If the CPU still climbs, then it sounds like a new memory leak, and you should report that to tech Support.

www.zonelabs.com/tsform/

Marcus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information