Thread: ZoneAlarm is running but system tray icon not present

flo_weche Guest

Default ZoneAlarm is running but system tray icon not present

In windows the "show all system tray icons" is activated but I do not see the system tray icon. Zone alarm is running (task manager). The main problem is that I do not get messages about new programs (After updating Firefox I can no longer use the internet).

However, if I reinstall Zone Alarm I can see the system tray icon until the next reboot.

I use Windows XP Professional SP1 and the actual ZoneAlarm software.

Operating System:Windows XP Pro
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5

billc Guest

Default Re: ZoneAlarm is running but system tray icon not present

First, the reason you did not have internet access after upgrading Firefox is that Zone Alarm thought it had changed too much. The FF entry would still be in Zone Alarm but access would be denied. If that happens again, close Firefox, go to your Zone Alarm Programs > Program List, right click on Firefox, then click to 'remove' it. Now open FF again and you should get a whole new program alert to 'allow' access.

If your Zone Alarm icon does not appear in your system tray, the only solution I know is a fresh install after a clean uninstall. Here is how you do a 'clean' uninstall. Go into the start menu locate the zonelabs entry and right click on the uninstaller and select properties. Now in the target box you must add a space and then /clean to the end so that it looks something like this "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zauninst.exe" /clean click apply and then OK. Next open ZA and turn off the load on boot option, then reboot and then run the uninstaller.This should get rid of all of ZoneAlarm. Now go to your windows temp folder and delete everything. Find the folder named Internet logs and delete it then empty your recycle bin.

Thread Information