Thread: Cannot download anything

sorrowdc Guest

Default Cannot download anything

I've been having problems with zonealarm lately..I can no longer download files. Whenever I disable zonealarm I can download stuff but I don't want to have to turn it off everytime I want to download files.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.5

billc Guest

Default Re: Cannot download anything

When you wish to download something, go to your ZASS > Privacy > Main panel and turn off Mobile Code control. I'd advise you leave it on except when you wish to download.

jwesk Guest

Default Re: Cannot download anything

<blockquote><hr>sorrowdc wrote:
    I've been having problems with zonealarm lately..I can no longer download files. Whenever I disable zonealarm I can download stuff but I don't want to have to turn it off everytime I want to download files.

Operating System:Windows XP Home Edition
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
    Software Version:5.5

<hr></blockquote>
    This is one of the most unhelpful traits of zonealarm.

I just got a brand new Turion X2 laptop with ZA 30 day trial included. All sorts of stumbling blocks, but the worst came when I tried to download a zipped program file. The firefox screen went to

"This object has been blocked"

So I try downloading from a different mirror, same thing. Then try downloading with IE, an IE screen pops up saying I can't get at this resource. NO WHERE is there a hint saying something like "Zone Alarm, with its much deeper wisdom than your own, thinks you shouldn't be doing this." No hint that it's Zone Alarm at work at all. I went to my wife's computer and got to the downloadable, which told me, yup, must be ZA, turned off the whole thing and sure enough was able to download freely. Of course while it's off everything is off, so I'm exposing my nice new computer to all sorts of bad stuff.

Hey, here's an idea for Zone Labs people: a message that says, "If you want to download, do this and this..." as in the answer to the original poster of this question.

For me it's all I need to decide not to continue beyond the 30 day trial. Kaspersky here I come. Really, I highly recommend Kaspersky Labs AV and firewall products. They actually communicate with you with helpful messages.

wk

Thread Information