Thread: ZA taking focus from other programs

disa Guest

Default ZA taking focus from other programs

Ever since last updating ZoneAlarm, it has been randomly taking focus from whatever program I am running. When it does so, I've noticed that the icon for ZoneAlarm changes in the system tray from the ZA to a ZA with an arrow pointing upwards. I've tried disabling automatic update checks, thinking that might be what was happening, but its still taking focus. This is very disruptive while trying to work on projects or while playing fullscreen games. Some programs I run even crash due to this inconvienence.Because of this, I've had to regrettably turn off ZoneAlarm while using most programs. I'm really disappointed since I've been using ZA for a long time now without issues until this most recent update.Any help in this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help.Operating System:Windows XP Professional
    Product Name:ZoneAlarm (Free)
    Software Version:6.5.731.000

Message Edited by Disa on 08-14-2006 11:18 AM

muffincharizard Guest

Default Re: ZA taking focus from other programs

For future reference, you can take advantage of the "gaming mode" feature to stop this. Right click the systray icon, select "gaming mode..." and follow the instructions. That should stop it from taking focus. Now, go to the overview tab, click the preferences tab and set the updates to manual.

Thread Information